Tuesday 17 April 2018

Masculine Steam Punk Card with Tracey

Hello dear Scrap & Craft friends!

It's Tracey back with a new project for you featuring the fabulous Studio75 Cherry Blossom Collection. While this is a beautiful feminine collection with lovely floral designs, there are also graphic papers in the collection that are perfect for masculine themed projects. My husband has a birthday this month, and I've created this steampunk card to celebrate.


Tips and Techniques
The card base is trimmed from one of the Studio75 Cherry Blossom 6x6" papers, and the birthday sentiment is trimmed from a strip included in the 12x12" collection. I placed the birthday sentiment on a piece of randomly trimmed black plastic mesh brushed with metallic art wax. I also lightly brushed the black sentiment strip with white gold wax to get a grungy feel.

I used the Studio75 Small Brick Stencil with concrete art medium to add texture. I have quite a collection of found and purchased steampunk elements. I selected some to arrange on the card, so perfect with this graphic paper and brick texture.

The background paper is stamped with grungy crackle and text stamps. The steampunk elements are brushed with several colors of wax, then brushed with rust and patina effects paste. Around the elements, I randomly brushed on Bambino Glue and sprinkled with bronze microbeads for added texture.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~ Blessings ~
https://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

2 comments :

  1. Oh my...I love everything Steampunk and this card is simply AMAZING! Brava Tracey! Hugs ❤ Simona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much my dear!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete